Cebu Sports Festival 2011 Photo Contest
Cebu Sports Festival 2011 will be starting on May 14 2011 - May 21, 2011 at the South Road Properties (SRP).
Photo Contest Mechanics
1. This photography contest is open to all amateur and professional photographers.
2. Official Entry forms are available at Photoshop at the Baseline Complex from Mondays to Fridays from 9 am to 5 pm, and onsite at the SRP Festival Grounds (Cebu Photo Works! Tent) on May 14, 15 & 21, 2011 from 1-8pm.
3. The registration fee is ONE HUNDRED FIFTY (P150) per registrant. This covers a maximum of FIVE (5) entries per category. An additional twenty pesos (P20.00) will be charged for every additional photo submitted.
4. All photos should be taken during the Cebu Sports Festival 2011.
5. Main Categories:
a. Pushing the Limits – images showing persistence, determination, endurance and triumph of the athletes, whether individually or as a team, in their chosen sport.
b. Festival Sidelights – images of non-sporting activities and side events during the duration of the Cebu Sports Festival 2011.
a. Pyro Boom! – images showing the Fireworks display, being as creative as possible.
b. The Modern Filipina – images of the Filipina into sports, and still looking beautiful.
Double entries are not allowed. In the event of double entires, both photos will be disqualified.
6. Deadline for entries will be on May 28, 2011 at 6:00 pm at Photoshop at the Baseline Complex.
7. Final entries shall be submitted as a 5”x7” Photo Print without borders, with the category and photographer ID number indicated at the back of the photo. The corresponding RAW file and JPEG file (at least 4MB) of the images in CD format with the name of the photographer on the CD and envelope are to be submitted.
8. Submitted Raw files submitted that appears to have been tampered with, after verification, shall be automatically disqualified.
9. Identifying marks, signs and address to insinuate information of ownership is strictly prohibited on the photo entry.
10. Post production like exposure control (dodge and burn); Color saturation (control); creative cropping, sharpening, contract/brightness adjustment, and other minor digital retouching is allowed. Composite images and digital alteration like adding/removing of any part of the image are disallowed.
11. Criteria for Judging:
30% - Relevance to the Category Theme
30% - Composition
25% - Quality of Image (sharpness/exposure/lighting)
15% - Creativity/Originality
12. Decision of the designated Board of Judges shall be final and un-appealable.
13. Cebu Festival Organizers retains the right to print and publicly exhibit entries which will advance as finalists
14. By joining this contest, winners/finalists agree that the royalty of the photographer shall not apply every time the Cebu Festival organizers will use the photos and grants royalty-free, world-wide, exclusive license to display and reproduce the photo/s for promotional purposes. Ownership to the winning entries shall be retained by the photographer. The photographer may not use the photographs or variation of that same composition for any other purpose except for his personal portfolio. Photographers will be given photo credits every time applicable.
PRIZES: Cash Prizes
Pushing the Limits:
1st - P 15,000
2nd - P 10,000
3rd - P 5,000
4th - P 2,000
5th – 6th- P 1,000
7th-10th- P 500
1st - P 10,000
2nd - P 5,000
3rd - P 3,000
4th-6th - P 1,000
7th=10th- P 500
Special Category Prizes: (GC's)
1st - P 5,000
2nd - P 3,000
3rd-4th - P 1,000
5th - P 500
Schedule of Events
This is very handy to the photographers and to those people who want to witness games and events to be held everyday.
Map. Also very useful to check where will be the events be held.